Sunday 1 May 2011

Guarantee?!

Did you know you can actually buy a membership to these sites that offer you a guarantee of finding a relationship?  I want to read the fine print on that little contract....maybe they have staff members who "date" the undatable pool of people at the end, or they offer free lobotomies or beer goggles so the crop of dates you're sent are more palatable... or perhaps they're counting on the fact that the lonlier you get the further down your standards go.

I have had a few interesting responses, and from the area here, so it's not a total loss like E-melody has been so far... I am planning to have a coffee with a guy who seems to have some similar interests to me...and has a great smile if his photos are any indication.  Personally, I'm not expecting lightning bolts at my age, but having someone amusing to chat with over a drink is always a welcome diversion. 

E-melody makes you go through the lamest process... they send you matches, who may or may not be someone you might want to actually meet.  Then one of you contacts the other with a list of multiple choice questions.  Thank God you can actually put in your own answers, because the ones they have are so stupid...

Then you send a list of "must haves and can't stands"... I mean, really?!  Isn't the fact that someone I might be interested in dating MUST HAVE a job?  Do you really have to ask?

Well, again, I could think of a few more realistic things  than they have... Any guy who's looking at dating me MUST HAVE a pulse, and a functional brain.  I CAN'T STAND yellow toenails,  or a guy that says "Pull my finger" on a first date, but neither of those is on there... that last one would be a deal breaker for me.

So,  back to the Beer Goggles...Maybe they could send a set to the guy who REALLY belongs to the photos attached to a profile I think is fake...this guy was gorgeous, and very interested in me, even though my photos are actual true representations of what I look like...

Ok - what I look like on a good hair and make-up day from a flattering angle, but still....


Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment