Tuesday 31 May 2011

Deja VOODOO.....

Ok - so we've discussed the fact that I signed up for three, count 'em three dating sites... Anyone who knows me, know's my motto is "If it's worth doing it's worth OVER doing!"

The only one I've had any luck with is that one "with more dates, relationships and marriages than hair follicles on a cat...." as opposed to the one with the "almost 30 dimensions of compatibility that is just a hair short of actually realizing what it is you want".....

I bought a 3 month membership to the one that's sort of a combination of the two... it's the bastardized version of the E-melody site calling itself some horrifying subject I took in highschool.... one of the sciences, you know the one with all the chemicals.... hmmm... let's call it Biology.com just for safety's sake.  Anyhow, I got a "He Noticed You!" notification from there this morning..... and that was just another little reminder of what a freaking waste of money the site is....

We've determined that at least on the good site, I met someone I can definitely see having a relationship with, and am hoping it leads to a removal of both our profiles... mine is already sort of defunct because I only bought the one month version, but "Cute New Guy" bought a longer term sentence I think, so who knows when or if that will happen....  meeting him came at the end of many games of "Douche, douche, loser" with my kids...

Something I wish the dating sites would recognize is that many of their members are on multiple sites... and develop a fully functional BLOCK feature that spans all contact across disciplines.  Ever.  The reason, is the guy who sent the "He noticed you" email to me this morning, has contacted me multiple times on multiple sites, even though I sent one of their "Polite, I'm not interested" notes... I haven't received one of these notes, so I'm thinking they must be terribly ambiguous, or the guy is challenged, or just very determined. 

He looks like he's lived a VERY hard life for a man of 49....eeeeeew!  Again, he sent a charming photo he took of himself sitting at his computer, with a second even creepier photo that shows he has no teeth in... That isn't funny or engaging, it's just a little disturbing to be honest...

With this particular guy I tried the polite note first...then ignoring the subsequent notes...and so he's moved to the  tactic of multiple dating site contacts now, and I'm feeling a little violated....

I'm not sure how you diplomatically state disinterest, but how 'bout starting with the following choices:
  • "Thank you for your note but there's NO chance of any sort of bodily fluid exchange. EVER.  Yes, really."
  • "I appreciate your interest, but.....OMFG are you KIDDING ME?!"
  • "Thanks for the note!  Please F*CK OFF!...Have a nice day...Smileyface...." 
This isn't the only guy who has thought repeated attempts at communication might be the way to go...the more determined ones seem to think perhaps the recipient hasn't replied to them because they didn't NOTICE the "Wink" or Email they sent... Um... trust me, they noticed, and chose not to respond for a reason.... Thank GOD we all have different tastes...

This, of course leads to today's etiquette lesson... send ONE wink OR email, but don't do both unless you get some sort of positive response back to the first one.... continuing pursuit otherwise is a little like molestation by email... Oh GOD... I feel so dirty!

Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment