Tuesday 24 May 2011

Time flies when you're having fun.....

...and when you're not.... Good-freaking-GOD it goes slowly....

I'm in a course in Houston all week, and because I'm the only person who flew in from out of town, I am left to myself all evening.  Picked up a book my cute new guy recommended, but haven't started to read it yet... maybe tonight....

We have now gone out on 3 official dates, and I had him over for a visit in the afternoon last weekend.  My problem isn't that I don't like him, it's that I have no idea what the etiquette is for this internet dating thing.  I have had several emails from men during the time I've been hanging out with this guy, a couple I might even have met for that dreaded "business meeting".... I am starting to feel something for this guy though, and have realized I need to GIVE MY HEAD A SHAKE....  He is very attentive, generally calls every day, has done a few really cute little things for me, but is still active on the site.... Again, I'm not stalking him, I just can see in my connections when he's been online. 

I went on yesterday  because I always feel as though it's rude not to at least answer the guys who have taken the time to write me... ok... well... for the CUTE guys who have written anyway....I'm still being approached by men who are in their very late 50's and early to mid 60's... I'm still like "EEEEEEEEEEEW"...  The last one, was 69 years old, and his preamble was that I shouldn't worry about his age, because he thinks he doesn't LOOK 69....He does.  

Anyhow, when those show up, I don't always answer,  because the last time I did, I tried the whole...

"Um - thanks for your note, but you're like 69 years old.... and I think we're just in different places in life.  Ya, that's it... different PLACES... " 

To which this creepy guy writes me back  "Give me your address, and then we'll be in the same place."  Just to add to the creep factor, he adds "lol!!" AND he's now dressed up as a clown in his profile picture.... Reminded me of John Wayne Gacy...

Did I mention I'm terrified of clowns?  I am.  It's a real thing... there's even a name for the fear of clowns, but I'm so creeped out talking about this that I can't remember what the word is.

So today's issue is that I'm not sure what the whole deal is with this.  I found a guy I quite like, and with whom I'd like to try a relationship.  He acts as though he likes me, but we both still have profiles up.  We've seen each other 4 times, so we're past that usual 3 date rule, and I have to say, if I had decided to get "friendly" with him, in the real world I would want us not to be seeing other people.... so... what's the etiquette around this? 

My thoughts are, I'm not getting busy until I feel comfortable that it's worth it, and that my "partner" isn't getting busy with other women....

Getting naked is just not something I do lightly, and the older I get, the less likely I am to be comfortable dropping trou with someone who may be looking for an upgrade.  We're back to that whole catalogue mentality again... I have a whole bunch of stuff to say about that, but I've got a dinner date with a happily married Houston friend.... UGH!  Seriously, I love them, but it's a little sickening all that love and crap...I'm sure she'll have some advice for me....
Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment