Sunday 29 May 2011

Now I know why you're not supposed to dip your pen in company ink.....

So made it home from Houston in one piece... the weather at home is not half as nice as it was in Houston, so I kinda wish I'd stayed an extra day even though I didn't get to see the people I wanted to see aside from my very happily married friends.... GAG!...I just threw up a little in my mouth just then...Oh well....

The course I took was on project management, so I can't say it was a whole lotta laughs, but it was pretty interesting for the most part.  Problem was, at the beginning of the class, we had to tell everyone what part of the business we worked in... so, as soon as I mention the office I work out of, the guy beside me says... "Oh - I know a guy from there... do you know him?"  Of course it's my ex... SERIOUSLY?  Out of 16 thousand employees he has to know HIM??

"Yup - I know him... intimately." was on my tongue, but I just said... "Yes, we used to date."... to which buddy replies "Oh!  Well the BOY is gonna settle down SOMETIME." in that cute twangy little Texan drawl...JUST what a jettisoned ex wants to hear....

I would have much prefered hearing he was nuts for letting a gem like me go and that he'll live to regret it....but alas, it wasn't to be.  I'm guessing the BOY isn't gonna ever settle down.  At the age of 47 if he's still looking for a first live in love, he won't find anyone soon. 

He was the topic of conversation a few times over the course of the week... I pasted a smile on, and said truthfully, I'm grateful for having known him, and I truly am.  He is a wonderful man.

After the course ended, I headed to our main office on the way out to the airport, to meet the team I work with remotely.  The team lead was a little late for our meeting, so I was in the hallway waiting for her and notice on the walls of her cubicle, she has big, blown up photos of my ex... he is on the same corporate team as me, working in that gorgeous foreign locale  I talked about earlier, you know, the place with world famous beaches and some of the most beautiful women in the world just dying to land a rich ex-pat?  He acted as tour guide for all the US employees who went down to visit, and these photos were from there.  A cruel reminder that his life is all shiny and exciting....While mine consists of parenting two boys...As fun as that sounds, it's NOT all glamor, let me assure you...

I have to admit, with my recent interest in Cute New Guy neither of the situations I've just described really hurt though... I will always be grateful to have met my ex... he taught me a lot, and made me realize what I deserve in a partner, and I'm hoping that lesson never leaves. 

Speaking of C.N.G, he called me last night from his business meeting in Phoenix.  He called while I was in Houston too, so I was a little taken aback by the attention.  I haven't had someone pursue me like that since my 30's...Sure feels good... but I digress....

We were chatting about his sister who hasn't dated in years... he was telling her about internet dating, which is something she hasn't tried... they got into a whole conversation about the whole "catalogue mentality" I've been mentioning... the fact that you can go in and basically select your partner based on the qualities you want.... I happen to have an attraction to dark hair and blue eyes... and that's what cute new guy has... he was asking his sister what she found attractive, based on height, body type and hair and eye color, and she was AMAZED when he was able to pull up a list of men that fit her criteria... He told her "See?  It's just like shopping!"  Which is good AND bad....

It almost feels like there's an endless supply of people out there who can be catagorized according to their attributes... and if one gets tiresome, you just go get a new one.  The problem here is that women tend to be nesters, and men tend to be hunters....

I find there are a lot of risk takers out there too... Again I'm getting endless communications from men in their freaking 60's.... ugh!  I'm glad they're so secure, but I just can't see myself with a 60 year old guy!  That is, until I'm approaching 60 myself... and if I'm single then, I will NOT be interested in the 80 year old who still considers himself to be virile....unless, of course, he has no children, an oxygen tank and dimentia, to go along with his millions of dollars...

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment