Tuesday 17 May 2011

Another weekend, another Interview...

Friday afternoon, and here we go again... I got a pretty cool note from a guy on one of the sites... we have agreed to go on a "date" tonight... so the nerves have started already because I again have to walk into a bar and find said guy based on a single picture he has posted online.... He appears to be attractive from the photo, and his profile blurb is very appealing to me.  In our brief foray into the dating world of emails, he is amusing and appears sensitive, and he's divorced with two teenagers, so can relate to my life in a way a bachelor, or man with young kids never could....

My kids are finding this whole internet dating thing enormously entertaining and have given their $.02 about every guy who approaches me using that catalogue mentality... you know what I mean....They flip through the pictures and instantly have an opinion.... "Douche, douche, loser, OMG look at THIS freak, douche, douche, loser..."

Thank GOD it isn't just me who wonders about the guys on there who post pictures of themselves in full on motorcycle gear complete with dew rags, or who are still wearing handle bar moustaches and mullets... I mean, seriously, I just could never see myself kissing a guy you need to have a lawn mower in your back pocket to access his lips.... and while I loved mullets and spandex pants in the 80's I have to say I'd be a little embarassed to be seen with a guy who's still sportin' that look no matter how great he is.... which leads me to today's dillema...

What do you wear to one of these date/interviews?  I mean clearly it feels like a pure business transaction, but I'm thinking if you came in looking like you do for the typical job interview that's not gonna be a big turn on... conversely, walking in with a boustier and tight jeans probably isn't a great plan either....   I don't want to bring too much attention to my ass-ets but you do want him to know there is one under there.. after all, if the interview goes well, there's a chance you could end up naked together at some point down the road, right?!  I have a few friends who subscribe to the 3 date rule, but I am NOT one of them.  I have to be a little more secure in the relationship than having spent three hours with someone before tearing his clothes off no matter HOW hot he is... ok... George Cluny might get a pass on that rule, but I may never know....

The other big question I have, is who pays?  I will, of course, offer to pay for whatever I have during our date, but is that proper?  Should I be worried if he doesn't offer to pay?  I got myself in trouble in my last relationship because I ALWAYS offered to pay my share, and I think that was a bit emasculating to my partner, because he made 3 times as much as I did... eventually he grew to expect me to pay half, which kinda takes away from the nurturing aspect of things...

I'm sure hoping we can find enough to talk about to fill a couple of hours... he called this morning, and he's got a nice voice, so that's a better sign than I've had in a while... if he's as good looking as he seems to be in that photo... if I squint and tilt my head... then maybe this won't be as uncomfortable as some of these dates are... Like when you meet a guy and he looks nothing like the picture, or when he's clearly 10 - 15 years older than the photo he has posted... or when he's said he's "athletic and toned" and you see him and wonder if he's considering Beer Pong to be a sport...yes, men do that too....

Oh GOOD GOD... I just noticed today's date... Friday the 13?  SERIOUSLY?!

Since the future of my love life is so tenuous, just to be on the safe side, I'm stopping at the Humane Society on the way home, and picking up another cat... ...Just 97 more to go....

Seriously.

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment