Wednesday 4 May 2011

Another Stay of Execution

Well, today I tried very hard to get my  poor sweet cat in for lethal injection, but they just can't "fit him in"... who knew a vet would be too busy?  So, as I sit for one more evening with my poor boy, I'm grateful for the time, and grateful, too, that he seems to be having a little rally... He is still walking although he looks as though he's drunk when he does.  Thank GOD they say he's not in pain.  I just love him to bits....

So - today I was chatting with a friend who's having better luck on E-melody than I am... she seems to be getting far more matches than me, so I might just have to go in to that personality profiler and change things up a bit... that's it, right?  Skew the damn statistics so someone can find me more palatable... I don't get it.  I'm one of the more people oriented "types" ... on the other site they call me a "negotiator".  Wouldn't you think someone easy to get along with would be easy to find a match for?  Apparently not, because along with all my easy going traits comes disorganization and a horrible need to please, which apparently works on men like salt peter....

My friend is more the desireable type I guess, she is thoughtful, but she isn't about to say "How high" When someone tells her to jump... I am the kind who asks that, and, where I should land so as not to inconvenience them when I do....

My friend, let's just call her "C" had sort of fallen for a guy she met on one of those dating sites we talked about earlier... you know, the FREE one, before she joined E-melody.... She had gone on a very successful date with him...

This guy was handsome, articulate, funny and warm... but his name was something you would attribute to some short, fat, nerdy guy with coke bottle glasses... not at all what you'd expect.  She was smitten, except for the fact that, in her words, she "couldn't picture screaming out ******* in the middle of sex."... 

He was very attentive, and when it was time for the date to end he told her how "you just KNOW it's a good date when it lasts 4 hours"...I guess a 4 hour date is a good thing unlike the 4 hour warning on those erectile dysfunction ads... but I digress....

Anyway, keep in mind, "C" is absolutely stunning, petite, smart, funny, successful and just a blast to hang out with. 
 
So, *******, let's just call him Dick-head, didn't bother to call her afterward because he'd hinted he wanted to get laid after the 4 hour conversation, and she had acted with some self respect, deflecting him with a joke....

The problem is, I got um... MATCH-ed with him on the website I'm on, get it, MATCH-ed... he didn't bother to change his screen name between the two sites.  On the one I'm on, he says he's looking for ONE woman to spend his life skipping hand in hand with... interesting read this profile...I'm just waiting to see if he actually contacts me, because that could be interesting!  I have to say, I can't see myself screaming his name either....

"C" had another odd thing happen a couple of months back... her best friend got hooked up with a guy on that same FREE site... they were chatting, and he asked her out.  She sounded very excited about the date, until she started describing the fellow to "C", who recognized it was her ex-husband...God this city of a million people sure has a small dating pool....

Anyhow, I have decided my internet dating friends should have a list where they can put down their list of toxic dates and ex husbands so that at least I'd have fair warning if I go out with one of their cast offs...


Well, I am one of those fortunate people who has "just one more day" with the guy I love most, so I intend to spend some quality time with him...

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment