Friday 22 April 2011

Another day, another 7 profiles...

OMG birds and other small woodland creatures are dancing around my feet... I have entered the realm of the Disney princesses.... one of the 7 profiles I got yesterday is a handsome prince...and I may break into song any second.

He's an ex model who lives in a city 3 hours away from me.  He's posted some shots of him with his arms crossed, wearing a dark suit, and they remind me of those photos real estate agents all seem to have on their websites...or a Sears catalogue. One of the two.  He also posted a beautiful black and white of him at about 25 or so, which was half a lifetime away, but it's like catnip to women who get matched with him I'm sure.

Thing is, his profile is a little bitter, ok...untrue...a lot bitter but who cares?  He's tall and very, very handsome.  He has used his profile to publicly blast his ex wife and subsequent girlfriend, but took that post down this morning.  So, handsome yes, but charming maybe not...maybe just human...

I have a strict no first contact agreement with myself, but at the urging of my nauseatingly happily married girlfriend, decide that even Cinderella had to leave a glass slipper for the prince to follow, so just out of curiosity I decide to use an "icebreaker".  How freaking lame these things are... you choose from a scripted multiple choice list of stupid one liners to hopefully catch the eye of someone. 

Seriously...who WRITES this crap?!  Whoever it is should be pilloried in the town square.  I'm an ADULT not a 15 year old sophomore in high school...

I have received a couple of these lamo one liners and the least it does is gets you to look to see if the sender is reasonably attractive, or if he has a hunchback and rings a bell in a church tower....and so I decide to send the least innane of the ones they have.  "I like your smile."  It's a true statement, but I expect he's going to look at my "average-girl" photo when he sees it and do exactly what I do when I see a photo of someone I would never get naked with... exclaim "Seriously.  Are you SHITTING me...as IF?!.

So, I did this for you, my loyal three followers... as a social experiment...

To be truthful, I'm just trying this out of curiosity. Really.  I prefer a guy who doesn't take longer in front of the mirror than I do in the morning.  I really, really like to be the pretty one.   

The rest of the 7 potential partners I was sent today, live farther away than this guy... again, am I that freakish they can't find someone in this same city?  Don't answer that.

Well, I think this calls for a cocktail and a third viewing of Tangled.....

No comments:

Post a Comment