Thursday 14 July 2011

Boobs 'n Booze...

So last night I headed out to the pub with some of my amazing girlfriends for a night of general misbehaving….
It’s a super fun group of women, who can always keep me laughing, and that’s always a good way to spend a couple of hours…. Problem is, they live completely on the opposite end of the city from me and I can’t convince them to move South…. Even though it’s CLEARLY where the cool kids should hang out….
I have to say, today my cheeks hurt from laughing so hard.  Laughter has to be a good calorie burner… I also have to say, that I spent about half the night laughing WITH them, but the other half laughing AT them…

Today I am heading in for the weekly weigh in...UGH!... so had to behave last night… I did cheat, but the weigh in coupled with the loooooooooong drive home, kept me limited to one beer and two chicken wings…and the big over the top cheat, was a bite of someone’s dessert about the size of a nickel. 
They, meanwhile, had been into the waitress for two drinks and three shots each before I even got there, so needless to say, it was getting close to that place where you need someone translating between the drinkers and the sober….  You know, someone only half in the bag, so they understand both people…
Sober:  “So, Sue, who’s your friend?”
Interpreter: “She said ‘Sooze hoozier fren?’”
Drunk: “Dishes smell!”
Interpreter: “She said ‘This is Mel’”
The group I was with last night, is a pretty tight group of friends.  Three of them work together and they allow the other two of us to be Cling-ons… We started the girls' nights when we signed up for a Zumba class together a year or so ago. 

That’s a whole bonding experience in itself… a group of decidedly ANGLO girls trying to shake our booty to the Latin beat… as I’ve told you before, I’m very attached to that whole Latin culture, but God didn’t see fit to give me hips that move sensually...
I guess I should explain three of these girls are married, and two of us are dating.  I’m in a relationship, but the other single girl is looking… We've spent a few of these "girls' nights" looking over the profiles on the dating sites, laughing over our "matches"... and finding potential matches for the married girls if they ever had to go looking.  They never will, because they're lifers.

They all know about my struggles, and that’s been fodder for a few jokes, but that's not the only thing they laugh at me for... Last night they started comparing boob sizes… as I’ve told you before, I’m not well endowed in that area… this group STARTS at a double D…

I always keep a pocket camera in my purse, and had taken it out to have a snapshot of the group of us taken… Next thing I know, I have photos of each of their cleavage to commemorate the event… That was good for a few chuckles…
The full on giggles came when I was told one of them had made the comment that if she was a guy she’d be interested in me…
With the booze flowing, though, it got translated to me by my wonderful and fabulous Miss “L” as… “Hey! Before you showed up “M” said if she was a GIRL she’d DO YOU!”   
I just paused and raised my eyebrows… and said… “Wow!  You’d never guess  he...she... had work done…”  I took off at 9:30 to make the long trek … and left them there to have a few more cocktails…

I think every woman needs a group of friends like that… they’re fun and a little naughty, but not to the point of getting in trouble.  It’s fun to remember how much fun you were before you were someone’s wife and someone’s mother…
On the way home, I gave CG a quick call to see how his “Men’s night” had gone.  He goes golfing with a group of friends every Wednesday, so it just happened to fall on the same night as my outing.  He’d told me earlier his son was planning to golf at the same course with a friend, so he was happy when they decided to golf the other side of the course. Wednesdays are his chance to drop the DAD gig and “just be a guy and spit and swear and talk about boobs and stuff…” without having to worry about his son listening…
He told me about his game, and then asked about my night… I told him I bet the girls had done more talking about boobs than his guys group did…

Later…

No comments:

Post a Comment